Resource planning Manager
What will you be doing?
The Resource Planning Manager is responsible for resourcing a busy, multi-team switchboard which operates 24/7/365.
The role requires in depth knowledge and deep understanding of how to accurately forecast, plan, support and report on all aspects of resource management.
The successful role holder will have a personable approach with the ability to display ComXo’s core values (Politeness, Professionalism, Proficiency & Personality) by balancing the needs of the business resource requirement and the flexibility requests of our staff. Attention to detail and a curiosity to interrogate data trends is a vital skill for this role.
Your main responsibilities
- Create and maintain daily, weekly, monthly and yearly volume forecast.
- Create and maintain daily and weekly ‘curves’.
- Use Erlang calculations to determine resource requirement.
- Adjust and maintain forecast in Workforce Management (WFM) system (Injixo).
- Calculate and adjust requirements within WFM.
- Providing long and short term recruitment plans detailing FTE requirements.
- Complete capacity planning to inform recruitment, holidays, and colleagues scheduling.
- Owning all administrative tasks associated with the WFM.
- Manage shift bidding and allocation fairly and in a timely manner.
- Ownership/management of employee rotas.
- Manually checking rota for possible improvements.
- Scheduling all non-call taking activities as required, whilst maintaining sufficient cover.
- Management of Switchboard annual leave.
- Supporting with real time rota changes.
- Upkeep and maintenance of the WFM.
- Producing the recurring MI suite including the forecast, planning, WFM and capacity reports.
- Create meaningful interpretation of forecast data to allow decision making.
- Review forecasting and resourcing trend analysis to identify opportunities and potential risks.
- Analysing call and staff forecasts to identify needs and corrections.
- Able to present data insights in a concise and engaging manner.
- Creation of Ad hoc and new recurring reports as required.
- Regularly communicating rota changes, updates and amendments to relevant stakeholders.
- Work closely with the management team to ensure SLAs and KPIs are achieved consistently.
Any other relevant duties that are required, from time to time.