ComXo Founder and Managing Director Andrew Try is also Chairman of the Royal Windsor Rose and Horticultural Society, run by a team of passionate volunteers.
The society’s charitable remit is to encourage the enjoyment of gardening, nature, cookery and traditional crafts as a community, and something which Andrew is hugely passionate about. Andrew first got involved with the Royal Windsor Flower Show 13 years ago. Although it was a Royal Show founded by Queen Victoria, the show had fallen on hard times and was in danger of being lost.
Slowly, over the last decade, a committed, passionate and skilful group of local Windsor people have resuscitated the show and have created the best boutique Flower Show in the country. Horticultural guru and RWRHS Honorary President Alan Titchmarsh commented
"What you have witnessed here today is the very best of English tradition, in the heart of Windsor countryside!”
More importantly every penny generated by the Royal Windsor Flower Show feeds into the Royal Windsor Rose and Horticultural Society’s charitable fund that works with homeless charity Centrepoint, to springboard young disenfranchised people into the gardening and landscaping industries. The society also supports the schools gardening initiative.
This year ComXo proudly sponsored The King’s Garden, the great showpiece maze at the centre of the event. The garden was designed and produced by Chelsea Flower Show legends Alan Williams and Mark Gregory, and reflects our new King’s passions and celebrate this new Carolean age.
The tale of the show’s revival, its hard-won success and its focus on sustainability, the circular economy, and as a charity that is changing people lives, aligns perfectly with ComXo’s values.
Andrew says of the show's success:
"ComXo are proud to support an event which has been reinvigorated and with the investment of time, money and passion, helped to create a show with purpose and in doing so changed lives for the better in our community."
Why is sponsorship of the Kings Garden so important to ComXo?
- We’re passionate about actively supporting our local communities with virtuous circles
- The funds raised from the show’s success enable the Royal Windsor Rose and Horticultural Society to provide charitable support to others.
- It brings together people with a shared love of nature.
- This year’s ‘Kings Garden’ designed by award winning Alan Williams of Landform UK, is a glorious celebration of our new King and his love of the environment.
- The garden design uses recycled and sustainable materials which aligns with our own commitment to looking after our planet.
The show took place in Windsor Great Park where ComXo guests and some of our team celebrated in a shared love of all things community and gardening.